“With Jesus’ help we will continually offer our sacrifice of praise to God by telling others of the glory of His name. Don’t forget to do good and to share what you have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to Him” (Hebrews 13:15,16).
Sometimes, in my busy schedule which takes me from country to country and continent to continent, my body is weary, my mind is fatigued, and if I am not careful, my heart will grow cold. I have learned to meditate on the many blessings of God and to praise Him as an act of the will. As I do so, my heart begins to warm and I sense the presence of God.
The psalmist often catalogued the blessings of God and found new reason to praise Him. I would like to share with you several reasons why I believe praise of God is so important in the life of the believer.
1) God is truly worthy of praise.
2) Praise draws us closer to God.
3) All who praise God are blessed.
4) Praise is contagious.
5) Satan’s power is broken when we praise God.
6) Praise is a witness to carnal Christians and non-Christians.
7) Praise opens our hearts and minds to receive God’s message.
8) Praise is a form of sacrifice.
9) Praise makes for a more joyful life.
10) Praise enhances human relationships.
11) Praise is a supernatural expression of faith.
A further elaboration of the benefits and power of praise is found in my book Believing God for the Impossible. An entire chapter is devoted to this exciting subject.
With the promise of His blessings, so clearly delineated by the psalmist, comes the privilege and responsibility of offering up sacrifices of praise, and this leads to a supernatural life made possible by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Bible Reading: Jeremiah 33:9-14
TODAY’S ACTION POINT I will look deliberately today for reasons to praise my heavenly Father, knowing that I will find many. Whether I feel like it or not, I will praise Him throughout the day, seek to do good and to share His love with others, knowing that such sacrifices are pleasing to Him.