For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart. — 1 Corinthians 2:16 (AMPC)
Adapted from the resource The Confident Woman – by Joyce Meyer
We need to have daily think sessions, purposely sitting down where it’s quiet, meditating on the truth, and speaking those thoughts out loud. These thoughts from God’s Word are a great place to start!
- This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it (see Psalm 118:24). I’m looking forward to encouraging people today!
- The words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart are pleasing to God (see Psalm 19:14).
- I have the mind of Christ (see 1 Corinthians 2:16).
- I am the righteousness of God in Christ (see 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- I am expecting God to do something great in my life (see Jeremiah 29:11).
I want to encourage you to take time to actually think about what you’re thinking about. When you decide to think and speak on purpose every day, you’ll begin to reap the results of a clear, positive mind!
Prayer Starter: Father, please help me become more consistent with spending time in Your Word, and in speaking truth over my life. In Jesus’ Name, amen.