Once we realize the power of Scripture, we long to read, understand, and implement it.
The value we place on something determines how we treat it. For example, you probably wouldn’t give much thought to an old shoebox. But if someone put $10,000 inside it, you’d protect it. Similarly, once we realize the worth of Scripture, we no longer read merely out of obligation. Here are six things God tells us about how to read His “instruction manual for life.”
- Turn to it daily with eager expectation for what the Lord will reveal.
- Meditate upon the Word to more fully absorb its meaning and implications.
- Study God’s truth. There are a variety of ways to do this. For example, using a concordance or search engine, follow a specific word through the Old and New Testaments.
- Believe what the Lord says.
- Obey. In other words, apply what you read to your life situation.
- Share what you learn. This will encourage others while strengthening you and sinking the lesson deep in your heart.
The Bible is living truth that protects and guides, pierces and encourages. From it, we learn how to be saved. When we grasp Scripture’s value, our interaction with God’s Word will prove its worth.
Bible in One Year: Zechariah 6-10